- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
- Memory / Disk: 4Gb / 1 Tb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.40.29
- Source name/version: Facebook-Pages (latest)
- Destination name/version: MSSQL (latest)
- Step: Create a new connection with source and destination, no transformation and sync type set to manual. Then start sync
- Description: When performing a sync, there is an internal error that is being throw. Attached is the log file.
The data is saved on the db and when compared with the rows on the db vs the info from the connector the number matches.
0a97f1de_d2e0_454b_b13b_7635890444f4_logs_120_txt.txt (593.9 KB)
Hey @melroy-bsk, looks like the Facebook API ran into an internal server error:
And when I click on the link it says:
"message": "(#10) This endpoint requires the 'pages_read_engagement' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature. Refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/login-permissions#manage-pages and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#reference-PAGES_ACCESS for details.",
So looks like you need to request those permissions for your API account!
I did add those permissions, before creating the token. Shouldn’t the sync throw an error when it is fetching the first 100 rows, if the permissions are not available ?
That’s a really good point, I’m not quite sure and need to look into that! I’ve seen this issue come up with Facebook APIs before and it hasn’t been super clear why. Let me look into it and I’ll get back to you soon!
Hey @natalyjazzviolin did you figure out what the issue was?