- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
- OS Version / Instance: Amazon linux
- Memory / Disk: 60 Gb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: What version are you using now? latest docker image
- Source name/version: RDS Postgres
- Destination name/version: RDS Postgres with KMS encryption
- Step: The issue is happening during creating the connection.
- Description: I have a requirement where I want to sync/copy all data from one RDS (Postgres) to another RDS (Postgres). Now the issue is, my destination RDS is KMS encrypted hence I am not able to add destination RDS in airbyte.
Kindly help me regarding this. Is this supported ?
I found this information in another forum.
Hey @prashy123**, **
Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay.
It should be possible to use Airbyte to replicate data between two RDS Postgres databases, including a KMS encrypted one. However, you will need to ensure that you have the necessary credentials and permissions to connect to both databases and perform the replication.
To create a connection in Airbyte, you will need to provide the hostname, port, database name, and login credentials for the source and destination databases. You may also need to provide additional information such as the SSL mode and CA certificate path, depending on the configuration of your databases.
If you are still having issues creating the connection, it may be helpful to check the logs for any error messages or issues that may be causing the connection to fail. You can also try testing the connection to the destination database using a command line tool such as psql to see if there are any issues with the connection itself.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.