• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: EC2 instance
  • Memory / Disk: 8GB
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: * 0.39.34-alpha
  • Source name/version: :man_shrugging:
  • Destination name/version: :man_shrugging:
  • Step: Hello folks,
    I am trying to configure a new source (Microsoft SQL Server); our airbyte is setup on EC2 instance, outbound traffic is fully open, and we restrict the incoming traffic to VPN on 22 and 8000 port.
    We whitelist our public IP to the SQL server but when I try to connect I still have a timeout error (Could not connect with provided configuration. Error: HikariPool-1 - Connection is not available, request timed out after 60001ms.); I start to be out of ideas … maybe someone had the same issue before?

Hello and welcome to the community, @KapitanFernand! Could you check what the default connection validation (spring.datasource.hikari.validationTimeout) is set to? If you’re able to set it to a higher number, that might solve the problem. Let me know if this helps!

Hello,

Thanks a lot for answering and your warm welcome! I am actually not sure where I can find/edit this config value in airbyte?

Have a nice day!

So this wouldn’t be in Airbyte, it looks like it has to do with the other parts of your setup. Are you using HikariCP with your SQL server?

Thanks a lot for your help; turns out was actually our external team who didn’t correctly whitelist the IP … Sorry :speak_no_evil:

Anyway, thanks a lot for the time and the help!

Have a nice day!

Glad you figured it out! :slight_smile: