- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
- OS Version / Instance: Windows Server 2019 accessing Kubernetes on Azure
- Memory / Disk: not sure
- Deployment: Kubernetes
- Airbyte Version: 0.35.65-alpha
- Description: Using CRDs from kube/overlays/stable for installation. Trying to connect to the airbyte-webapp-svc and/or its associated IP address does not resolve to the Airbyte UI. If I access the IP of the backend pod directly I can bring up the Airbyte UI and it functions normally. If I try to access the UI via the IP address of the airbyte-webapp-svc service it times out. Running curl against the IP of the airbyte-webapp-svc also times out.
Here is the configuration of the webapp service:
clusterIP: 10.0.x.x (masked for privacy)
- 10.0.x.x (masked for privacy, same IP as above)
- port: 80
What command are you doing to port-forward the access to the Airbyte service?
Instead of using a command I have a gateway and virtual service set up for data to go to the airbyte-webapp-svc service. The main reason for this is because in order to use the port forwarding command (kubectl port-forward svc/airbyte-webapp-svc 8000:80 --namespace airbyte) it requires a separate command window to be running at all times on the Windows Server used to access Kubernetes.
but if you use port-forward it works?
It only works if I use localhost:8000 or the IP of the current web app pod from my Windows machine in Chrome/Firefox. If I try to use the IP of the airbyte-webapp-svc it does not resolve and times out.
For that I think you need to create a nginx service and allow to connect to the service. See docs in Kubernetes: Connecting Applications with Services | Kubernetes
Thank you for the info. Can you confirm that the nginx service and/or load balancer needs to be pointed at the service called airbyte-webapp-svc? This seems to be where things get lost. I’ve pointed it to “airbyte-webapp-svc” and “webapp” and neither will resolve. I’m using the stock install of Airbyte from Github.
Yes, I made one example using Google GKE. I’d changed the type of
airbyte-webapp-servicefrom NodePort to LoadBalancer after redeploying it should works.
Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.