- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
- Memory / Disk: you can use something like 4Gb / 1 Tb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.40.26
- Source name/version: airbyte/source-google-analytics-v4 - 0.1.32
- Destination name/version: airbyte/destination-postgres - 0.3.26
- Step: The issue is happening during sync, creating the connection or a new source? during sync
when using the above mentioned connection if the connection fails for real reasons then all of the next syncs that are empty (that mean no data in source but the cycle is fine) will fail and trigger the fail webhook.
for instance - we had a case that the connection failed due to k8s resources issue and from then all of the syncs of the connector finished in failed status because the source is empty
an example of the msg of the failed state (not the initial one)
Sync Failed 0 Bytes no records no records 5s Failure Origin: source, Message: Checking source connection failed - please review this connection's configuration to prevent future syncs from failing 7:25PM 01/09 2023-01-09 17:25:17 - Additional Failure Information: 'Please check the permissions for the requested view_id: *******. Cannot retrieve data from that view ID.'
and the log msg of the failure:
2023-01-09 17:25:16 ERROR i.a.w.i.DefaultAirbyteStreamFactory(internalLog):116 - Check failed