• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte: No
  • OS Version / Instance: EC2 t2.large
  • Memory / Disk: 16Gb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.35.56-alpha
  • Source name/version: BambooHR 0.1.0
  • Destination name/version: Snowflake 0.4.24
  • Step: Post-sync data is missing and unexpected data is there
  • Description: At the moment we’re waiting for this Github issue to be pushed to production. Bamboo contains a lot of sensitive information, most of which we don’t need for any type of insight such as SSN. So we need a way to select/de-select fields that we want to sync instead of the entire table.

A user suggested using BambooHR’s settings to restrict an API token from viewing certain fields and allowing others. We’ve set this up but the strange thing is that post-sync the fields we’ve set to be hidden are indeed hidden, however, a handful that we’ve allowed are also hidden. So if anyone is familiar with BambooHR and their connectors, much help would be appreciated! We’re only interested in pulling in gender, ethnicity, hiredate, employee number, etc. While all of them are set as view only they still come in as NULL even though I can see them via my user account which the API token has been set.

Now the second issue is after I updated from 0.1.0 to 0.2.0, it’s not syncing at all. Here is the log
logs-6108.txt (40.6 KB)

You can change the connector itself and remove the fields you don’t want to use and after build a dev version; in the future when the select column is available you can return to official release.

You need to change files inside the schemas folder.

{
  "type": ["null", "object"],
  "required": [],
  "properties": {
    "id": {
      "type": ["null", "string"]
    },
    "displayName": {
    },
    "firstName": {
    },
    "lastName": {
    },
    "preferredName": {
    }

To remove lastName property:

{
  "type": ["null", "object"],
  "required": [],
  "properties": {
    "id": {
    },
    "displayName": {
    },
    "firstName": {
    },
    "preferredName": {
    }

After you need to build the connector locally with changes, and if you have Airbyte installed in a server like EC2 you probably need to publish to DockerHub see instructions here.

Hope this helps you!

Gotcha, how come it’s not even pulling in the fields we HAVE enabled though? And using BambooHR 0.2.0 (per the logs) it’s tossing an error and the job will fail

Forgot to tag @marcosmarxm , the sync doesn’t complete at all, see log from original post and today’s log. Thanks for your help!
logs-6429.txt (137.0 KB)

Reverting to 0.1.0 the run is no longer running
logs-7030.txt (40.2 KB)

@kyle-cheung you need to update the schema to receive new fields/data types.

Did you have a chance to update?

I dropped my destination schema, resetup the source and it ended up working.

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.