• Memory / Disk: 4Gb / 25 Gb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.35.65-alpha
  • Source name/version: airbyte/source-mysql:0.5.6
  • Destination name/version: airbyte/destination-bigquery:0.3.12
  • Step: normal sync
  • ingestion type : CDC - Incremental Append
  • Description:
    I am currently trying to use octavia-cli.
    When i apply changements on connector it create another one on connector list.
    Do you know any solution to avoid this duplication? I just wanna update my current connector.

Hi @ftapin,
I’m glad that you’re using our new CLI.
The CLI does not yet support managing existing Airbyte resources. We plan to implement this feature soon (see 🐙 octavia-cli: implement `octavia import` · Issue #10978 · airbytehq/airbyte · GitHub).
If your existing connector is not used by critical connections I would suggest you recreate it with the CLI and recreate the connections afterward.

Hi @alafanechere ,
Sorry, it seems that my question was not cristal clear.
I run airbyte on local from scratch.
When my webapp is up i run ‘octavia apply’ command twice, the first time it apply my source, destination and connector but on second time it although apply again my connector even if this connector didn’t change.

On my webapp i see two connectors with same configuration.

My problem is that i juste want one connector and update it only on change.
Not create another one.
Do you have any idea to explain this behavior ?

Hi @ftapin,
This is indeed not the expected behavior but I’m not able to reproduce it.
Could you please answer the following questions:

• If you run octavia apply for a third time, does it create a third connection?
  • After your first apply, did you change anything from the UI or in the YAML files?
  • After your first apply, did you delete the ./connections/connect_fr_core/state.yaml file?
  • Which octavia version are you running? (You can just share the output of which octavia command).

Hi @alafanechere ,

to answer you :

• “If you run octavia apply for a third time, does it create a third connection?”
    => yes, it create a connection each time i run octavia apply

• After your first apply, did you change anything from the UI or in the YAML files?
    => No, i tried to apply another time without changing my YAML files.

• After your first apply, did you delete the ./connections/connect_fr_core/state.yaml file?
    => No, i didn’t touch any file

• Which octavia version are you running? (You can just share the output of which octavia command).
    => I’m using octavia-cli:0.35.66-alpha

I opened this GitHub issue and I’m working on a fix right now.
Please subscribe to the issue to receive updates on this topic.

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.