Hi, as the title says, the connection stopped mid way. The logs aren’t updating for almost a day. The connector is doing an initial sync, and it shows “syncing”. Other connectors working fine.
I see nothing in logs on the Airbyte UI - it simply doesn’t update anymore, no errors, nothing.
Question: what is the strategy I could use to dive deeper into what’s happening? Any command line options to see active state of the connector, etc.?
- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: GCP CE VM (Unix)
- Memory / Disk: you can use something like 8Gb / 50Gb
- Deployment: Dockerized
For illustrative purposes, that’s how the log looks like (you can see it is stuck for almost a day now):
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
OK, next day update. I cancelled, stopped the VM, changed it from e2 to n2 (n2-standard-2). Started new clean sync. In three hours it halted, no error. 10 hours later I restarted Airbyte just to find out that all 800+mb sync is gone. Below is the screenshot of the last rows of log.
Is there at least a way to properly stop the sync mid way to load what had been grabbed so far to the table? Thanks.
What source and destination are you trying to sync?
The issue spontaneously resolved after updating Airbyte to the latest version.