SSL Support for basic normalization in profiles.yml

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
  • OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Memory / Disk: you can use something like 4GB / 200GB
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.39.7-alpha
  • Source name/version: postgres 0.4.19
  • Destination name/version: postgres 0.3.20

Hi Airbyte team, creating this forum post to addon to my question from Slack. I have setup a deployment of Airbyte to attempt to perform data replication from Postgres to Postgres. The databases in question are currently hosted in Google Cloud with SSL turned on. I understand that there is no official way to include the SSL certificates via the Web UI, therefore I manually added the required certificates and keys by mounting it to the /tmp/airbyte_local directory in my server.

For the most part, the data replication seems to be working as expected if I do it without basic normalization, but I seem to be having problems if I try to do it with basic normalization. Checking through the logs I noticed that SSL mode is turned off in the profiles.yml file despite my destination is configured to use SSL.

redacted-logs.txt (1.6 KB)
Slack thread

Zhelian can you try to export the dbt project and use custom normalization to see if your use case works?
Read documentation here: https://docs.airbyte.com/operator-guides/transformation-and-normalization/transformations-with-sql
You can download the dbt project and change manually and run as a custom normalization :slight_smile:

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.