Stripe not updating subscription record after subscription deleted

Some subscription records are not updating status to canceled after they are canceled. We are getting the delete action in the events table but the subscription record in the subscriptions table is not updating and staying with status active. I have tried setting up a test sync with the same source and it is creating the incorrect subscriptions with the correct canceled status. I have also tried to adjust the lookback window, that didn’t change anything.

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: GCP
  • Airbyte Version: 0.35.6
  • Source name/version: Stripe 0.1.31
  • Destination name/version: BigQuery
  • Step: Sync - Incremental Append

Hi @alex,
Your sync is in incremental mode, the subscription stream is using the created field as a cursor. It means that only newly created subscriptions will be synced, not the updated one. This is probably why you don’t see an up to date status on the updated subscription.
This connector offers the lookback window as a workaround. Did you try to set this window with a value higher than the number of days since when the status was updated?

Quoting the lookback window description:

When set, the connector will always reload data from the past N days, where N is the value set here. This is useful if your data is updated after creation.

Hi @alafanechere, thanks for your response!

Lookback window - I tried increasing it and it did not resolve the incorrect records, I am going to try to reset the connection and increase the window to see if that works.

Incremental mode - Some subscription records that have been canceled do get updated records to show the new status. This thread looks like it is saying that the lookback window allows for the sync to be an incremental sync even though stripe does not support it. Is it if the created date is more days ago than the lookback window, the update will not be detected?

Is it if the created date is more days ago than the lookback window, the update will not be detected?

Exactly!

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.