Trouble updating low-code source connector in Airbyte

Summary

User is facing issues updating an existing low-code source connector in Airbyte. The user has followed steps to update the connector but is missing the deployment part and the changes are not reflecting. User is seeking help to identify the missing steps.

Question

Hi Team,
can someone please help me I want to update the existing low-code source-connector. These are the steps i followed but i missing the deployment part

1. I have downloaded Airbyte from git
  2. updated the existing low-code connector with the new streams, which i want to add
  3. Bump the dockerfile version and metadata.yml with new dockerImageTag
  4. I started the airbyte using run-ab-platform.sh
    But i still see the older source version without my changes not the new one, What steps i am missing i am not able to find proper answer in the documentation. Can someone please help me

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["update", "low-code-source-connector", "Airbyte", "deployment", "dockerfile", "metadata.yml", "run-ab-platform.sh"]

hey Madiha, the versions of the connectors when you deploy airbyte are baked-in to the build. They actually don’t see the connector code at all (by running run-ab-platform.sh, you’re essentially running docker compose up in the airbytehq/airbyte-platform repo). I totally understand your confusion here. These versions correspond to docker images that are pulled at runtime.

In order to make changes to the connector, you need to push a new docker image, as that’s where the connector code comes from when used in the platform. You can either build that image locally and make it available to your airbyte instance, and update the version used in the settings page, or you can build the image and import it as a custom connector.

Hi <@U047ANT3J84> thank you so much for your quick update.
Can you please point me to the right documentation on how I should build my connector locally and push it or make it available to our Restack Airbyte deployment

You can use https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/tree/master/airbyte-ci/connectors/pipelines|airbyte-ci to build your connector. I’m not familiar with Restack, but the image just needs to be pushed somewhere that the deployment has access to it. There are some instructions for access to custom connectors https://docs.airbyte.com/operator-guides/using-custom-connectors|here.