Troubleshooting saving state issue in Google Ads connector

Summary

The user is facing an issue with saving state in the Google Ads connector after refactoring it to extend from ConcurrentSourceAdapter. The updated connector emits different state messages compared to the unmodified connector.

Question

hello! I’m trying to convert google ads source to concurrent model. I refactored SourceGoogleAds to extend from ConcurrentSourceAdapter and made other required changes. but I’m stuck with inability to save state. updated connector emits state messages like this:
{"type": "STATE", "state": {"type": "STREAM", "stream": {"stream_descriptor": {"name": "custom_ga_query", "namespace": null}, "stream_state": {"segments.date": "2024-03-28"}}, "sourceStats": {"recordCount": 0}}}
but unmodified connector emits following state messages:

{"type": "STATE", "state": {"type": "STREAM", "stream": {"stream_descriptor": {"name": "custom_ga_query", "namespace": null}, "stream_state": {"123444444": {"segments.date": "2024-03-28"}}}, "sourceStats": {"recordCount": 54}}}
here are my changes: https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/compare/master...nurikk:airbyte:source-google-ads-concurrency

if anyone can help with troubleshooting it would be very helpfull

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.