- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: Windows
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.35.5-alpha
- Source name/version: Facebook Marketing
- Destination name/version: Big Query
- Step: The issue is happening during sync, creating the connection or a new source?
I can’t pass the Facebook Marketing app exam.
I ask 7 authorization requests: pages_show_list, business_management, read_insights, ads_read, pages_read_engagement, ads_management and ads management standard access. The first 6 have been refused several times, only ads management standard access has been accepted for the moment.
For each of the requests, I explained how I want to use the authorization or functionality in question. For instance :
"Airbyte is a connector that automates the import of Facebook Ads data into our BigQuery storage space. To use the token for syncs with Airbyte, I need to request an upgrade to Advanced Access for my app (Popcarte) on the following permissions:
- Ads Management Standard Access
The ads_management authorization need pages_read_engagement which need pages_show_list. They will be used to report analytical information."
I also provided a video (the same for all requests) that shows how to connect to an interface that uses API calls (interface created by a developer from my company). Facebook has access to the username and password of the interface and can access it.
Despite this, the app verification and the 6 requests are denied with these comments:
- App verification "App rejected - Unable to approve permission request
Developer Policy 1.9 - Build a quality product
During review, we were unable to approve your submitted permission(s) or feature(s) and will not be able to approve the app for use.
To help resolve this issue, please review the following:
- Make sure you have completed all development of your app.
- Create a Test User and verify that you can use it to recreate the experience exactly as depicted in your screencast.
- If you are able to reproduce this experience exactly as depicted in your screencast, verify that the testing instructions in your App Verification Details are correct and include the Test User’s email and password.
- If your screencast is inaccurate but you are able to successfully test each of your requested permissions and features with the Test User, capture a new accurate screencast and upload it, verify that the testing instructions in your App Verification Details are correct, and include your Test User’s email and password.
- Resubmit for App Review.
For more information regarding this rejection, please visit our App Review Rejection Guide."
- 6 permissions and features (same comment for all): “Although your video capture and notes provide a valid use case, we were unable to verify it when we logged into your app. Please ensure that Your app has successfully implemented the requested permission and resubmit it for review so we can complete testing.”
I don’t understand what I have to do despite having looked at the different Facebook and Airbyte documentations… Can someone help me find a way out please?